There are a lot of reasons why an individual would want to grow their hair long. One good reason is a bad haircut. Who would want to walk around with a messed up hair do, right? Some just want to grow out their short hair. Well, who can blame them, longer hair means more hair style opportunities. While, others just want to have healthy hair growth.
- When styling hair, it is best not to use heat. Hot ceramic hair straighteners, hot curlers and blow dryers can wreak havoc to hair. Ever wondered where the steam comes from on dry hair? These products can literally vaporize the little moisture hair holds, making it dull, dry, brittle and prone to breakage. Only use heating on special occasions.
- Eating healthy foods is a good way to boost hair growth. Our hair needs nutrients for it to grow, so it is good to have a healthy diet. Our hair is mostly made of protein, in order for the hair follicles to produce hair, it needs a constant supply of protein rich foods from beef, poultry, pork, fish and soy.
- Take care of your hair and scalp. Daily washing help remove dirt and excess oils from hair and scalp. We naturally produce an oil called sebum that is secreted by the sebaceous glands. This oil is actually an excellent hair and skin conditioner. But too much sebum can be a medium of bacterial and fungus growth. So it is best to control it by daily washing.
- Invest in a quality product like FAST shampoo and conditioner. FAST or Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy is a deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner that is specially made to stimulate hair growth. It contains natural ingredients like vitamins, amino acids and herbal actives to naturally stimulate hair growth.
- A scalp massage is also good for hair growth. Massaging the scalp increases blood circulation, which means more nutrient and oxygen transfer to the hair follicles, hence, increased hair growth.