Long hair is an enviable trait – many of us want it but few of us have it. There are a whole slew of products out there that can bolster that rate of hair growth, but few are as potent as making simple lifestyle changes that can dramatically improve the quality of your hair. Here is a full list of the top things you should do as well as avoid ensure that your hair looks as stunning as possible and grows in healthily –
- Let your hair air dry rather than blow dry. The hot air from the blow dryer can damage the hair follicles on your scalp and result in slow hair growth.
- Wash your hair every 4-5 days rather than every day.
- Take supplements. Biotin and fish oil are wonders for the hair!
- If you are truly struggling, it may be in your best interests to try and supplement your hair growth with the fast formula.
- Use a wide toothed comb instead of one with bristles, this prevents the unnecessary breakup of hair.
- Drink plenty of water and try to live a relatively healthy lifestyle through exercise. If your body is in shape, chances are your appearance will follow in line!
- Wash your hair everyday with a shampoo that is not designed for frequent use – this will continually strip your hair of healthy oils and leave your hair growth stunted.
- Brush your hair while wet – this can led to breakage and may rip out hair follicles.
- Neglect cutting your hair – although there is no set amount of time you should wait before cutting your hair, if you don’t cut it when you have split ends then it won’t grow back healthily!
- Using hair dye which can be severely detrimental. Avoid at all costs!
In the end your hair is indeed hard to control, but like all things, if you take the right steps then you can at least give yourself a good chance of improving the quality of your hair growth!